We're very busy with all the details for the show--signs, labels, control forms, parking details, etc., etc. One of our challenges is hanging the coverlets in the museum. Joe Suplicki designed and constructed temporary hanging "contraption" that can be mounted on the museum's existing trellises. It is made with PVC pipe.
We hung a quilt on the other side, just for fun. The "racks" are removable and can be stored flat for future use in the museum. Stay tuned for future updates on the show.
Coverlet was made for Andrew Van Dien in 1845. The basket quilt was probably made by Euphemia Van Buskirk Zabriskie (1875-1957). Both belong to the Ridgewood Historical Society.